Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pre Beast Mode

In order for everyone to really understand where this all came from I will start this site off with.... Where it all came from.

Pre-adulthood is what I will call typical pre-adulthood.  My grade school and high school exercise regimine was your school sports. Most notably soccer and then late in high school I caught the wrestling bug.  Looking back in my life I wish I got over the stereotype of two guys rolling around on the mat looking like... Uhhh... What I was not into but none the less I got over it but a little too late to really develop a great skill set.  Wrestling is one of the early onset function "exercise" that I was introduced. to. I also ran cross country and track later but did that because my wrestling coach thought it was a good idea.
As far as throwing weight around, I was a dabbler in it.  My father bought a weight bench and some free weights from time to time.  I would imagine looking like Arnold or Sly and then I would rip through the weights and then forget we even had them for a couple months.  There was no love loss between me a traditional weight training.
Along can college and post college and about 125 pounds of triple X raw blubber.  I was a fan of the pizza, wing, and beer circuit.  Needless to say my functional moment was laced with buffalo wing sauce and cheap light beer.

Then it all started in 2001... And that will be for another time...

I will try to end every post with some kind or workout or tip of some sort so and I am up in the air as far as the title of this tip so if anyone has any suggestions. Go Scratch or leave me a comment. Until then:

Beat Eater Tip 1:
Beating yourself up over screwing up just reminds you that you screwed up.  Whether it's that you ate an entire half gallon of ice cream or you missed a workout.  It is okay to learn from the past but don't make it determine your future.  Move on and get back on Your Horse Pilgrum,

Beast Out...

1 comment: